Monday, December 26, 2011

Why do you want to be in banking?

Why do you want to be in banking?
I believe I’m well suited for being in fast-paced analytical job. I love to be in a place where I can interact with people and resolve their concerns. I can utilize both my quantitative skills and customer handling skills in banking sector. Banking jobs are challenging and had tremendous growth in the last decade because of globalization and private participation. I also will have an opportunity to learn in-depth about corporate finance. Banking job offers tremendous learning and growth opportunities and is certainly a well respected job. You are paid well in Banks and the job security in definitely high compare to private sector. Moreover its’ been my passion to be in banking sector from my child hood.

The above answer might trigger lot of other questions. Below are some of the possibilities..


Why do you think banking jobs are challenging.

In banking sector, you are dealing with the money, investment of the individuals or organizations. You should pay extreme care when you are handling the hard earned money of your customers. In a fast paced globalized economy, competition is high. You as a company will have to live upto the customer expectation to win the market. As an officer you are not only responsible but also accountable for any action within your scope of work.
What is globalization and how that impacted the growth of banking in India.
Positives: Globalization refers to selling of goods and services globally with reduction in trade barriers. This reform made Indian economy a fastest growing and a very competitive market. It influenced our culture and living standard. It increased international interbank lending. Many multi-national banks set up its operation in India. So the industry became very competitive and more service oriented.
Negatives: Globalization negatively impacted in agriculture sector as government generally imports food grains from other countries when price goes high in domestic market. It increased the interdependence with international market. So both domestic and international policy changes effects the economy of the country.
What does it mean my privatization?

In private sector majority of the stakes/shares are held by individuals or corporate houses. ICICI and HDFC are examples.

Why did you opt to do <engineering> if your passion was in banking
Most visible career option as a science student in school was Engineering and medicine. Like most of the parents, my parents also wanted me to be in engineering or medicine. Engineering has certainly given me a solid foundation. It helped me to enhance my analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills. So I am happy that I have made a right choice by opting for engineering stream. If you consider banking exam result, there is huge percentage of engineering students qualified. Engineering education definitely helped me as well in achieving a good score in IBPS exam. So I’m in no doubt that engineering students are equally competitive like any other stream and they would definitely be able to excel in banking industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment